Every January, we head to my parents house to celebrate a belated Christmas all together. It is a way for us all to have the holiday at home, as well as continue our family traditions from when we were kids and be able to all see each other. I love this time with my family!
Uncle Kelly was a huge hit this year as Kelsey and Macy really warmed up to him. They wrestled, drew pictures, played ping pong, played numerous games with him and even cuddled on the couch with him. It made him so happy to be a hit with the nieces.
We definitely played a lot of fun games. I LOVE games!! We played Outburst and a new game called Things (this was a lot of fun and many laughs) that my parents bought us. We tried out Qwirkle (great adult and kid strategy game), Apple to Apples for Kids, LCR (dice and chip game), bingo, and hide-and-go-seek.
We had our traditional Christmas Eve with meat, cheese, and cracker dinner (along w/ a few other yummy, not-so-good for you foods, and we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. The only bad thing about that is we all have it memorized and can't resist saying all of the lines before they actually say them in the movie.
We had a wonderful Christmas morning and had a traditional turkey dinner the next day too. I love this time with my family, and I am so thankful to be able to go home and spend time all together. I look forward to the next time!! I love and miss them so much!

1 comment:
We do the same thing with Christmas Vacation. How can you resist. It's the greatest movie ever. Where do your parents live now? There house is sooo cute. Thanks for keeping in touch. I love hearing about everything. You both are so cute and truly look happy. It's makes me feel happy to read about your life and all the good things you're doing. Love ya
Post a Comment