Wednesday, February 11, 2009

7 Interesting Facts

I have been tagged by my friend Megan (this one was from about a month ago, and I have been meaning to get to it). I'm supposed to include 7 facts about myself, that not many people know. Some of these people may know, but I am such an open book, I don't have a lot that people don't know about me. I am not sure whether this is a good or bad thing, it just is.

1. I am afraid of the dark. I slept with a nightlight on until I moved in with my husband. I sleep with a lot of lights on still if he is out of town. I hate complete darkness, even if I am just walking into a room where there is other people in the house, and I know nothing is in there. I also scare very easily due to this fact, which my husband gets a kick out of from time to time. Then he feels bad because I scream so loudly.

2. I have had some interesting experiences with my career in massage. When I lived in California, I massaged many celebrities. My favorite experience was being asked to massage Dave Matthews and his wife, Ashley, at their penthouse suite, in their hotel. They were very humble and a very nice couple.

3. I love doing laundry, and I freak out if anyone touches my laundry that I don't okay. Anyone (roommates, family, Kelly) that has lived with me is very aware of this fact. I am very neurotic about it. I also can get almost any stain out of clothing. I have been a great source for my friends.


4. Oh, on the same note of being a massage therapist, the hardest massage I have ever done was a man whose body was 90% burned from a plain crash that he had been in. There was a lot of scar tissue and different textures to his skin. I cried during parts of his massage because I couldn't imagine living through something like that and the pain he must have endured.

5. One more massage note, varicose veins freak me out. I first learned this towards the end of my schooling, when I was massaging people after the IronMan competition. Sometimes when they are really bad on people, it makes me weak in the knees.

6. My five year plan is to be primarily a pre-natal massage therapist, a doula, and a childbirth educator. As most people that are close to me know, I am obsessed with pregnant women, babies, and anything associated with the two.

7. I LOVE to dance!!!! Basically any kind. I took tap and hip hop a little bit last year (since my clubbing days are over), and anytime there is loud R&B, hip hop or pop music on, I just want to dance. Throughout my years of childhood and adulthood, I have taken/tried almost every type of dancing. Also, if I could pick to do anything in life, my ultimate dream would be Broadway. That way I could sing, dance, and be on stage. Aaaaahhh~

2 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I'm so sorry to tag you so much. I just love hearing about all the details of your life. I totally you remember you sleeping with a nightlight. I like to turn the tv on mute, when Cam's gone out of town. It makes me feel a little safer Silly huh. I loved all your posts. You're the best

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

Prenatal massage was my favorite too! It's part of what got me started on the path to having a midwife deliver each child. I love helping out at births and hope someday to assist. I think it's a wonderful goal to work toward and you would be a great doula~!